Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm in a Mood for Jazz

A week after I attended the Jazz Workshop with the Logic Band in Ateneo, I still have hangover on it.

The best lesson I learned during the workshop is to consider the type of audience when you play your adlibs. You have to make your adlib simpler and not too much technical when you have non jazz listeners, but if you have musicians as audience, it's good to have some technicality.

And because of that, I also sort of studying these musical modes... The dorian, phrygmian, ionian (by the way, it's just the Major scale... I was dumbfounded when I found it out...). Aside from studying these, I'm also in the process of reviewing notereading (since i don't read notes that much) and practice piano more often.

I also finished two songs, the Bernice Co tribute "10", and the nationalistic "Isang Awit." I initiated composing two jazzy songs, "Jazz 1" and "Jazz 2" (because I can't find a suitable title for them at the meanwhile.)

No comments: