Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Passion

"Wala kasi kayong passion."
"Dapat, meron kayong passion."
"Passion ang number one na meron kayo dito sa IT industry."

By this words, you know who said this. I mean, who’s the CCMIT professor who always say these things.

Passion is one thing that one must have in order for one person to achieve his goals, however hard it is, whatever road you will take. He’s right, except for one thing. I don’t think I would have the same passion and zeal he has to survive the IT industry for my entire life. This is something I never intended to do for the rest of my life. But why still I continue my studies?

"Bakit ba kayo nag-IT? Para kumita ng pera?"

And my answer, definitely yes!

"Bakit hindi na lang kayo nag-nursing?"

I don’t think I will learn to have passion to care for people I don’t know. No, it’s not that way… Number one, most of my friends are nurses. Number two, I don’t want to stay for 16 hours in a hospital. And number three, patients would not like my service because they expect a handsome guy (or a pretty girl) to attend to them. I should know because that is the ONLY thing I like when I am confined.

Maybe you’re asking yourselves right now: where is my passion?

Music.

Music is what am I doing since I was a kid. Music is what I want to do everyday. Music keeps me going inspite of many hindrances, inspite of many heartbreaks and failures I’ve encountered. Music is where I can give my 110 percent. And music is what I will do as long as I live.

Now, I am going to continue my IT studies for the sake of money, for the sake of living. And when the right time comes, I am going to give my all for music.

No comments: